Unemployment rate and underemployment rate
Both the unemployment rate and the underemployment rate began to rise collectively from 12/2019. This is also the time when the epidemic began. The most serious of these are the construction and retail, accommodation and catering services industries.
This means that not only the number of unemployed people has increased, but even those who have a job are facing the dilemma of not having a job. Some employees still have salary income, but some employees have no income without starting work.
The emergence of the epidemic has reduced the profits of most companies. Many people are faced with unemployment and reduced income. Therefore, many companies have to delay the progress of the project. The citizens did not intend to decorate their homes in this environment. Project delays and business reductions naturally caused most employees to stagnate. Construction companies have reduced revenue and increased costs, so they will reduce costs through layoffs.
The rise in unemployment and underemployment rates in the retail, accommodation and catering services industries is predictable because they are directly affected by the epidemic. During the epidemic, the government’s anti-epidemic policies and citizens’ desire to buy directly hit the development of the industry. What is more interesting is that the unemployment rate of this industry, like other industries, does not fluctuate too much after 3/2020, but the underemployment rate has large fluctuations. It plummeted from 6.3% on 3/2020-5/2020 to 5% on 5/2020-7/2020, and then rose sharply to 6.3% on 7/2020-9/2020. Another similar drop occurred on 9/2020-11/2020. This may be because many of the occupations employed in these industries include part-time employees, such as part-time, speculation, etc. When the epidemic is severe, the number of customers will decrease, and the number of shop staff will naturally decrease, and vice versa.
Epidemic prevention measures
Business Mall has always attached great importance to the health and safety of customers, employees and their families. The new coronavirus epidemic continues to raging in Hong Kong. We immediately took the following measures to protect the health and safety of our colleagues and customers. 100% consultants The company has strengthened the following anti-epidemic measures:
Comprehensive cleaning and disinfection
- Complete cleaning and disinfection regularly, including thorough cleaning and disinfection of all facilities and tools
- Hire cleaning staff to clean the room with 1:99 bleach before each visit to enhance hygiene awareness
- Guests must wear masks
- Add temperature monitoring equipment to ensure that every customer and employee has a normal temperature before entering the company. If any respiratory infection or fever is found, you need to re-arrange a meeting date with the customer
- Provide alcohol handrub
- Place disinfection mats at the entrance and exit
- Employees must take their body temperature every day, and often use disinfectant handrub to clean their hands; wear surgical masks at all times; comprehensively strengthen employee personal hygiene, and strictly implement disinfection and cleaning guidelines
The company will continue to monitor developments closely and, if necessary, will introduce more measures to ensure the safety of customers and employees.
Sincerely thank you for your understanding and support!
Entrepreneurship Information-Am I suitable for entrepreneurship?
- CUHK Entrepreneurship Research Report
- LinkedIn founder: If you want to start a business, what “superpowers” should you have?
- 9 ways to learn how to do business is really effective
- Post-90s don’t work as a lawyer to start a business, print 100,000 copies of cards, pay back in 3 months
- Entrepreneurship budget analysis table
- 12 stable and profitable projects for small investment and entrepreneurship